Cybercrime, Hacking, Technology Failure and Misuse Liability Insurance
Standard insurance policies do not generally provide adequate cover for technology-based risks such as:
- Losses caused by hackers and other cyber-criminals
- Misuse of company email and messaging facilities (for which directors are responsible)
- Information published online that defames or libels a third party
- Damage left by malware (viruses, ransomware, worms, Trojan horses, rootkits, keyloggers, diallers, spyware, adware and other malicious software)
- Security breaches that result in unauthorised access to confidential data
- Financial loss caused by website or ISP failure.
With the increasing pace and extent of our daily information transmission cycles, emails, texts, messages and social media ‘slip-ups’ that cause commercial damage are becoming more and more common. In addition, cybercrime is becoming an offence of choice for lawbreakers who would rather avoid any form of ‘in person’ encounter with their victims or their physical environment.
“Home Counties Insurance Services Ltd have been our brokers for 5+ years and have always provided us with a first-class service. They strive to secure the right balance of cover at a competitive price, and have a good understanding of our business and our insurance needs. I would be happy to recommend them to any business or personal customer.”
Tim Haywood, Managing Director of Haywoods
Try us out
If your company uses technology, you will need to consider an internet and cyber-liability insurance package. Contact us on 01525 719955 to discuss it with an experienced business insurance account manager.